Temperatures have started to drop, sending us all scrambling for the winter clothes we tucked away at the beginning of the year. Don’t forget to double-check that all of that winter gear still fits, too, because we all know kids grow like weeds. As you turn up the thermostat, grab the thick, cozy blankets for the family room, and start planning how to decorate the house for the holidays, let ZeroXposur help you figure out how to get your family ready for winter.
Our winter gear checklist for parents
Whether you live somewhere cold or plan on taking a getaway to play in the mountains and snow, your family will need the right outerwear to stay toasty together. To ensure everyone has as much fun as possible this winter, you’ll want to make sure each of your kids has the following:
- Winter coat
- Snow boots
- Pair of gloves and/or mittens
- Winter hat
- Long (thermal) underwear
- Thick, warm socks
You’re in luck, however, because ZeroXposur has all of your family’s winter outwear needs covered (yes, for parents, too!). Our 3-in-1 system coats are a popular coat option that allows you to modify the coat to fit your needs depending on the weather. Both the Boys 4-20 ZeroXposur Thruster System 3-in-1 Jacket and Girls 4-18 ZeroXposur Lucy 3-in-1 System’s Jacket feature an outer shell with a detachable inner jacket, which can be comfortably worn together or separately.
For winter accessories, our Boys 8-20 ZeroXposur Ski Gloves and Girls 7-16 ZeroXposur Gloves will keep little hands warm under cold conditions. You can kill two birds with one stone and opt for a hat and glove combo, like our Boys 8-20 ZeroXposur Reversible Beanie Hat & Gloves Set or Girls ZeroXposur Minnie Pom Beanie & Glove Set.
Tips on preparing your family for winter
Making sure closets are full of cozy clothing for cold weather is an important preparation step, but it’s not the only way to get ready for winter. Here are a few more tips on how to take winter head-on:
- Keep your kitchen stocked with soup ingredients for an easy meal to throw together that will warm everyone’s insides.
- Other great pantry staples to have on hand include steel cut oats, peanut butter, frozen fruit, crackers and bread, pasta, rice, and beans. (Don’t forget to grab some hot chocolate and marshmallows, too!)
- For days when the weather is too bad to go outside, make sure you have board games ready and a full arts and crafts cupboard, complete with colored construction paper; crayons, markers, and colored pencils; pipe cleaners; stickers; kid-friendly scissors; and more.
- Combining crafts and kitchen supplies, all it takes to make homemade playdough is a little flour, water, cream of tartar, salt, vegetable oil, and food coloring. Follow Living Well Mom’s recipe for a playdough that will last for months!
- A humidifier and saline drops will be your saving grace when noses get irritated from dry heated air inside.
- If you’ve put away your SPF, it’s time to pull it back out. On sunny winter days, you’ll want to make sure everyone’s faces are covered. On top of direct sunlight, the sun can glare off of the snow, too.
Do you need some new winter gear? Head to Kohl’s to stock up on ZeroXposur!